- The National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases (NIAMS) invites applications for research core centers (P30s) in skin diseases. The Skin Diseases Research Core Centers (SDRCs) will provide the resources for a number of established, currently funded investigators, often from different disciplines, to adopt a multidisciplinary approach to common research problems in skin diseases and to ensure greater productivity than from each of the separate projects.
- Two new and/or competing continuation grants are anticipated.
- Approximately $1.2 million in total costs (Direct costs plus Facilities and Administrative costs) may be awarded in support of this solicitation.
- Eligible organizations will generally be an organizational unit within an university-affiliated medical center and may include:
For profit or non-profit organizations
Public or private institutions , such as universities, colleges, hospitals, and laboratories
Units of State and local governments
Eligible agencies of the Federal government
- Foreign institutions are not eligible.
- Eligible principal investigators include Individuals with the skills, knowledge, and resources necessary to carry out the proposed research and to work with their institution to develop an application for support. Individuals from underrepresented racial and ethnic groups as well as individuals with disabilities are always encouraged to apply for NIH programs.
- Each institution can submit one application.
- General application instructions are available at http://grants.nih.gov/grants/funding/phs398/phs398.htmlin an interactive format.
- Application instructions and materials specific to the P30 grant mechanism are available at http://www.niams.nih.gov/rtac/funding/grants/centers_programs.htm#P30
Who can apply:
City Or Township Governments
Federally Recognized Indian Tribal Governments
Independent School Districts
Native American Organization
Non-Government - General
Nonprofits Having A 501(C)(3) Status With The IRS, Other Than Institutions Of Higher Education
Nonprofits That Do Not Have A 501(C)(3) Status With The IRS, Other Than Institutions Of Higher Education
Other Private Institution/Organization
Private Institutions Of Higher Education
Private Nonprofit Institution/Organization (Includes Institutions Of Higher Education, Hospitals)
Public And State Controlled Institutions Of Higher Education
Public Housing Authorities/Indian Housing Authorities
Quasi-Public Nonprofit Institution/Organization
Small Business (Less Than 500 Employees
Special District Governments
State (Includes District Of Columbia; Includes Institutions Of Higher Education And Hospitals)
U.S. Territories And Possessions (Includes Institutions Of Higher Education, Hospitals)
Eligible functional categories:
Arthritis, Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases Research
If you have problems accessing the full announcement, please contact:
NIH OER Webmaster